What is advocacy?
Advocacy is an activity which aims to influence decisions being made within official political, economic, and social systems and institutions. It can include many different types of activity, including media campaigns, public presentations, conducting surveys and publishing research.
What is lobbying?
Lobbying is a type of advocacy, where a direct approach is made to policy makers on an issue.
There are a number of advocacy stages:
1. Defining Your Goals – What needs changing? When? What do you want to ask for?
2. Who Is Your Target Audience? – which policy makers?
3. Preparing Your Message – What are you asking for?
4. How Will Your Deliver It? – Which media will you use? Face to Face or online?
5. Planning Your Follow Up Identify clear steps to take
6. Evaluating The Effectiveness Has your strategy been successful?
The YouthMetre e-tool is design to support information gathering for creating your message for advocacy and lobbying.