What is YouthMetre Training?
YouthMetre training is a free downloadable set of resources that explores a new and creative way to empower and engage young people across Europe in influencing youth policy, in particular through the use of the innovative e-tool YouthMetre and an advocacy toolkit.
Who is YouthMetre Training for?
YouthMetre training is addressed to all those who work with young people and want to create concrete occasions for them to express their needs, increase their participation in the political dialogue and influence the design of policies that affect them, at European, national, regional and local level.
What will you learn?
Through YouthMetre training you will:
- discover more about European Youth Policy and get to know examples of good practices across Europe that improved young people lives
- be able to approach young people in a creative way to help them express their ideas for Europe of the future
- know how to use the YouthMetre to support young people to get involved in decision-making processes and use data visualization to advocate forward policy makers
Complementary YouthMetre training resources will include ready-to-use materials designed to support face to face training with young people: YouthMetre Training Plan, Materials for Multiplier Training, Advocacy Toolkit and InfoPack for the use of the e-tool.
On-line training materials will be developed and accessed for multipliers and multiplier organisations but also others who want to know how to use the YouthMetre to develop a campaign for their cause, improve information and advocacy skills, better understand data and learn how to communicate with policy makers, authorities and the general public.
Additional training resources for multipliers will be available on how to use the YouthMetre and spread word about it as well as other materials are also being developed and you will be able to download them here. All of them are for the exclusive use within realisation of the YouthMetre and follow-up events and activities.
Case studies on use of the YouthMetre:
- Solving a local issue: traffic and needs of bikers in Leuven, Belgium – full document and presentation.
- Using YM to help build a case for advocacy – employment.
Multiplier organisations need to respect any instructions and guidelines created by project partners.